- 1 What is the general definition of government?
- 2 Which word would describe a government ruled by one person?
- 3 What do you call a person against government?
- 4 What is it called when citizens hold the political power?
- 5 What does it mean to be against the government?
- 6 How would you describe a useless government?
- 7 What is it called when people go against their leader?
- 8 What is monarchy government?
- 9 What is the difference between a republic and a democracy?
- 10 Is the US a democracy or a republic?
- 11 Can a government be both a monarchy and anarchy?
- 12 Can a dictatorship can also be a democracy?
- 13 What is the name given to a type of a government which does not have a monarchy?
- 14 Who holds the power in a dictatorship?
- 15 Can a monarchy be a democracy?
- 16 What type of government has one person in charge?
- 17 What is the constitutional definition of insurrection?
- 18 What is it called when the people rise up against the government?
- 19 What is an example of an insurrection?
- 20 Is the word useless an insult?
What is the general definition of government?
1. the exercise of political authority over the actions, events, etc, of a political device, people, etc, as well as the performance of certain functions for this system or body; the activity of controling; political policy and management. 2. the system or form through which an area, and so on, is ruled. oppressive government.
Which word would describe a government ruled by one person?
An autocracy is a federal government in which one person has all the power. There are 2 primary sorts of autocracy: a monarchy and also a dictatorship. In a monarchy, a king or queen policies the country.
What do you call a person against government?
Meaning of anarchist 1: an individual that rebels versus any type of authority, developed order, or ruling power.
What is it called when citizens hold the political power?
Power to individuals! In a democracy, citizens hold the political power. There are two basic kinds of democracies: In a representative freedom, people choose leaders to represent their rights and rate of interests in government.
What does it mean to be against the government?
: opposed to or hostile towards governments or a specific government: opposing or resisting governmental policies and power anti-government perspectives an antigovernment demo.
How would you describe a useless government?
A kakistocracy (/ kækɪˈstɒkrəsi/,/ kækɪsˈtɒ-/) is a government run by the worst, least certified, or a lot of underhanded people.
What is it called when people go against their leader?
Often Asked Concerns Concerning rebellion Some usual synonyms of rebellion are insurrection, mutiny, rebellion, transformation, as well as uprising. While all these words indicate „an episode versus authority,“ disobedience suggests an open formidable resistance that is often unsuccessful.
What is monarchy government?
In a monarchy, a king or queen is Head of State. The British Monarchy is called a constitutional monarchy. This indicates that, while The Sovereign is Head of State, the capacity to make and pass regulations resides with an elected Parliament.
What is the difference between a republic and a democracy?
Republic: „A state in which supreme power is held by the individuals and also their elected representatives …“ Democracy: „A system of federal government by the whole population or all the qualified participants of a state, commonly via elected representatives.“
Is the US a democracy or a republic?
While commonly categorized as a democracy, the USA is more accurately specified as a constitutional federal republic. What does this mean? „Constitutional“ describes the fact that government in the USA is based on a Constitution which is the ultimate legislation of the USA.
Can a government be both a monarchy and anarchy?
An oligarchy can consist of representative democracy. Instance or Factor: 5. A federal government can be both a monarchy and also an anarchy at the very same time.
Can a dictatorship can also be a democracy?
No, a dictatorship can not additionally be a democracy. In a freedom, residents have the power to choose who will certainly be the politicians for the nation.
What is the name given to a type of a government which does not have a monarchy?
A typical simplified interpretation of a republic is a federal government where the head of state is not a monarch.
Who holds the power in a dictatorship?
A dictatorship is a kind of government identified by a solitary leader (oppressor) or team of leaders that hold government power promised to the people as well as little or no toleration for political pluralism or independent media.
Can a monarchy be a democracy?
An absolute monarchy, parliamentary monarchy, or autonomous monarchy is a kind of monarchy in which the monarch exercises their authority in accordance with a constitution as well as is not the only one in choosing.
What type of government has one person in charge?
An autocracy is a system of federal government in which a superior political power is concentrated in the hands of one person, whose choices are subject to neither outside lawful restrictions nor regularized mechanisms of prominent control.
What is the constitutional definition of insurrection?
In a constitutional freedom, sedition and also insurrection describe prompting or taking part in disobedience against the constitutionally well-known federal government, its processes as well as establishments, or the policy of regulation.
What is it called when the people rise up against the government?
Meaning of surge (up) in rebellion: to combat against a leader or federal government The people rose (up) in revolt (against the king).
What is an example of an insurrection?
Insurrection meaning The definition of an insurrection is a rise versus federal government authority or a revolt. An instance of an insurrection is a rebel protest against a tyranny. An organized opposition to an authority; a mutiny; a rebellion.
Is the word useless an insult?
(colloquial, of an individual) Incapable to do well at a specific task or point. Pointless is slightly disparaging.